Monday, July 28, 2014

Best of Brazil- Foz do Iguaçu and Burda 7576

As it is my last week in Sao Paulo, I thought that I would show you some of my previous makes from my time here and Brazil, as well as some of the places we have been.  We'll start with the make- Burda 7576.  It is the only pattern that I have made the entire pattern in one outfit.
 


I made a couple of changes to the jacket- mainly took in the collar and took the crazy cuffs off.  Oh yeah, I also added two buttons.
One of the interesting things about this skirt is that the slit is in the front.  Ha!  I totally match my back ground. 
Here it is without the jacket.  The top is made out of a Carolina Herrera silk I found on Mood.  It's no longer on the website.  I believe that I used the wrong side, as the right side was very shiny.   I really like the heathered aspect of the wrong side.  Anyway, now on to the virtual sight seeing-  Foz do Iguaçu or Iguaçu Falls, which sits on the Brazil/Argentine border.  If you go, you really need to see both sides.  The Brazil side is the wham bam thank you ma'am of the falls- easily accessible and you instantly get why they are so amazing.  The Argentine side though gets you in the falls- literally.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.












It was truly one of most beautiful places I have ever been.  Amazing!  I wish we had been able to spend more than 2.5 days there (one of which I spent at the hotel and in the ER with my oldest due to a throat abscess).  Anyway,  on the sewing front, I have made some progress with my Prada dress muslin.  I see a second muslin in the future, because it's too big in the waist, and I think that I can take out the pleats furthest to the side (and then scoot over the next pleats). 

Sorry about the bad selfie pic with my sweat pants showing.  The I could easily take out an inch in the waist, if not two.  If I take out the farthest side pleat, and then spread everything out just a bit more, I think that it will work much better.  One of the pleats lands right on the neck seam, making it extremely bulky.  We'll see how it finishes up.  What do you think so far?  Anyway until next time, happy sewing and or sightseeing!
Alex was very sad that his highchair and crib were taken away today.

1 comment:

  1. I have this pattern in my stash, bought for the jacket and the short sleeve top which I thought would work well worn without the jacket too. So I was thrilled to see you has sewn all the pieces in the pattern. They look fantastic on you. Those are impressive falls. I know the awe that Niagara Falls inspires in me and Iguaçu looks much bigger.

    ReplyDelete